Plane: O-47B
2010-074.0001.01

Search again:


North American Aviation developed the O-47 in 1934 as an observation plane with a long canopy and windows in the plane’s belly. However, other planes could better carry out many of the tasks, so the O-47Bs were used for training, towing targets, and coastal and submarine patrol. An O-47 was the first plane to land at the Corvallis army airbase (later the Corvallis Municipal airport) on September 10, 1942.

WWII_O-47B

North American Aviation O-47B

 

© 2015 Benton County Historical Society & Museum
Philomath, Oregon

Oregon State University Horner Museum Collection
sponsored and supported in part by the
Horner Museum Fund