Corvallis Municipal Airport
2008-090.0039

Search again:


The airport was declared surplus property in November of 1945, allowing the city to obtain the 1,597 acre airport for $2. A few of the wartime buildings were sold but a hangar and repair facility were added by operator Mary’s Peak Aviation in 1978. In 1984, the city constructed new hangars and installed new instrument approach and landing systems. Today the airport (CVO) is home to 161 aircraft, including 3 jets and 7 helicopters. Companies doing business from the airport include Reach Medical Transport (helicopters) and Fed-Ex.

airport_Corvallis_1968

Photo by Bob Henderson

 

© 2015 Benton County Historical Society & Museum
Philomath, Oregon

Oregon State University Horner Museum Collection
sponsored and supported in part by the
Horner Museum Fund